Minimum Data Criteria
PMC expects all submissions to meet these minimum data requirements:
Each package must be complete and named correctly for the article(s) in the package.
- A complete package includes: an article XML file, the article PDF (if available), image files, supplementary materials, and any available peer review documents.
- Named correctly means: the XML and PDF base file names must match exactly and related file names, e.g., images, must match the called-out name in the XML in name and case.
All XML files must conform to an acceptable and agreed-upon full text journal article DTD.
- All XML files must parse according to their DTD. PMC validates data using the PUBLIC ID in the DOCTYPE declaration in each source file.
- All XML files must include the full contents of the article.
Regardless of the XML DTD used, the following metadata information must be present and tagged with correct values in every file:
- Journal ISSN
- Journal Publisher
- Copyright statement (if applicable)
- License statement (if applicable)
- Issue number (if applicable)
- Pagination and/or elocation-id
- DOI (if available)
- Publication dates that accurately and completely reflect the journal’s publication model.
All image files for figures must be legible, and submitted in high-resolution TIFF or EPS format, according to the Figure Graphic Formatting Guidelines.